Tax preparers, including those who do some bookkeeping, will find an exceptional value on Errors & Omissions insurance through the American Tax Preparers Purchasing Group (ATP). The ATP was formed in 1981 to allow tax preparers to purchase individual Professional Liability policies at group rates. Target Professional Programs was chosen to administer the Program in 1996, and The Hartford has provided coverage since 1991.
NEW Cyber Coverage
New and renewal policies effective 1/1/17 and beyond will automatically include Network Security, Data Breach and Theft of Data Coverage at no additional premium. Learn More …
Risk Management tips for Tax Preparers
For this and every tax season, you might appreciate some tips on how to avoid potential client conflicts and even lawsuits. Click here for our article which includes free, downloadable checklists for you and your colleagues’ use.
Target’s Tax Preparers Professional Liability Insurance Program is endorsed by the National Society of Tax Professionals (NSTP).
AGENTS & BROKERS PLEASE NOTE: This coverage is only available on a direct basis. However, tax and/or bookkeeper clients may be eligible for Target’s Accountants Professional Liability Program, which is available exclusively through agents & brokers.
ESTIMATE YOUR COST
Use these tables to easily determine your annual premium. Get an Indication
APPLY FOR COVERAGE
Complete this application, including a Claim Supplement, if applicable, and we’ll get back to you within 72 hours. Apply Now
NEW! Sign up to receive a reminder 60 days prior to your tax preparers policy expiration. Click here.
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
Email scanned applications to:
FEATURES & BENEFITS
Click on highlighted content below for coverage descriptions or additional information.
- Claims made and reported policy
- Prior Acts Coverage available for qualified firms
- Multiple Extended Reporting Period options: 1, 2, or 3 years
- Notary Public Coverage is included at no additional cost
- Optional Bookkeeping Coverage includes payroll preparation & processing
- Low, $100 Retention per claim
- Easy renewal process for qualified policyholders
- 24 / 7 claim reporting from The Hartford
- Risk Management Hotline to assist with inquiries involving loss prevention, claims, ethics, and professional responsibilities
- Convenient payment options from The Hartford, including annual or semi-annual payment choices
See Target’s Tax Preparers Program Brochure for more details about coverage features & benefits.
CONTACT TARGET’S TAX PREPARER’S PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY INSURANCE EXPERT
Shelley Cvek, Underwriter
Send me an email | Phone: (331) 333-8240 | Fax: (630) 961-0284
Address: 1230 East Diehl Road Suite 350, Naperville, IL 60563